Thursday 22 February 2007

The joys of pre-holiday shopping

I went grocery shopping today and had to endure the quizzical looks of other shoppers as I tried to surreptitiously load up my trolley with Tim Tams for all you lot *points to various countries*. I bought a tube of Vegemite and in a last minute panic, a small tin of Milo. Number one daughter said 'but you don't even drink Milo' to which I replied that knowing I can't drink Milo will make me want to drink Milo. Well, I can see the logic even if you can't.

In other shopping news: I had no idea of the absolute and utter kitch of souvenirs until this week. OMG. I have seen some truly awful things people and yay, have purchased some for you because, you know, I love you all so much etc etc. Taking here be dragons souvenir shopping is a great idea because she zones right in on the most 'beautiful' of the merchandise there. I got to the counter to pay and the young guy there said, "Going overseas?" to which I should have replied, "No, just getting a few things for around the house" but instead said, lamely, "Does it show?". I passed by a currency exchange place on the way out and was reminded of the depressing fact that for $100 I am going to get about 30 quid. Ouch.

I am out tomorrow shooting some vid for you to see when I get there *points to various countries again*. Saturday is 21st party. Sunday is dinner with the Ancient One (AKA my mother). Monday lunch at work with P and T. Tuesday hair and nails and packing. Wednesday morning, panic because I remembered the nagging thing I have forgotten then off to airport...

3 Comments:

At 23 February 2007 at 9:15 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Dee is buying shinnnny things! Ooooo and Tim Tams! Dee is soooooooooooooo thoughtful :)

 
At 24 February 2007 at 6:52 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

... I still hate you *shifty eyes*

 
At 24 February 2007 at 10:31 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonder if you'll come back with a better appreciation of Milo!!

Also I figure you'll realise what you forgot just as the plane starts to taxi away from the terminal.

BTW, (and I JUST KNOW I'll get in trouble for this), but the photo you got posted makes you look a bit like a librarian.

Timbo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home