Wednesday 25 April 2007

General randomness.

Am currently majorly loving on Nine Inch Nails newy, Year Zero. Trent Reznor writing stuff that is not about himself... who knew? It's noisy and good. Very very good. Not all that US friendly though:


Nine Inch Nails-Survivalism
I should have listened to her
So hard to keep control
We kept on eating but
Our bloated bellies still not full
She gave us all she had but
We went and took some more
Can't seem to shut her legs
Our mother nature is a whore

(chorus:)
I got my propaganda
I got revisionism
I got my violence
In hi-def ultra-realism
All a part of this great nation
I got my fist
I got my plan
I got survivalism

Hypnotic sound of sirens
[ Lyrics found on http://www.metrolyrics.com ]

Echoing through the street
The cocking of the rifles
The marching of the feet
You see your world on fire
Don't try to act surprised
We did just what you told us
Lost our faith along the way and found ourselves believing your lies

(chorus)

(cut-up speech)

All bruised and broken, bleeding
She asked to take my hand
I turn just keep on walking
what you'd do the same thing in the circumstance im sure you'll understand

(chorus)

You got your pacifism - I got survivalism


In other cultural news...
Have just finished reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. A giant 529 page rollercoaster of a novel crammed with adventure and sizzling gypsies. No, wait. That is something else...

Next read is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand which I have often picked up and put down again but without actually reading any of the words. I hope to remedy this today.

May be going to University of Victoria today and might speak to boffins there about possibilities etc... Once I have finished my Master's Degree, who knows?

Also need to remedy a small problem with US Immigration or I may not be allowed back into the States. I forgot to submit a little piece of paper when I left Dallas. My experience with little pieces of paper like this is that they can be deceptively benign in appearance, yet cause all sorts of bother...

I find my thoughts returning home more often. Main train of thought concerns the question of whether the house is habitable after number one daughter and The Fringed One along with Here Be Dragons have been partying in it. Sigh. Seriously, I find that I need to get home in my head before I actually physically arrive there, otherwise I end up like really sad, dude.

I continue to be appalled at failure to find a sugar daddy to keep my in the manner to which I would like to become accustomed. Distraught at prospect of resuming mundane life. Resigns self to fact. Terrified at thought of looking at Visa statement. Decide not to look.

The main thing I like about being in the Northern Hemisphere is the feeling of connectedness to most of the major things that are going on in the world. Perth is SOOOO ISOLATED. The world is accessible from here. Also, people here have access to awesome music festivals that make me go weak at the knees when I read the lineups.

I have also had ample time to reflect on the comparisons between life in Australia and that in other places. Australia has some serious deficits, people, and I don't mean consumer type stuff. I mean in terms of attitude - toward the environment in particular and towards people and the world in general. I have to sort out what my conclusions are about a lot of stuff but that will happen when I get back home.

I am rambling on but in so doing realise I am at the transition between the fantasy of holiday and the reality of 'normal' life. This generally sucks. However, as usual I will carry on and see what happens next...

I miss my dog. Sniff.

6 Comments:

At 25 April 2007 at 7:09 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss your dog and tonks and I have never actually met. Awww hugs and hugs to you my dear friend. . . I support you in your transition and remind you that chocolate will help a great deal. <3

 
At 25 April 2007 at 6:04 pm , Blogger SPOC said...

I can recommend Belgian chocolate...

Oh did I mention that Bloc Party will be visiting this summer? Rock Werchter... And the Kooks... The Killers... Air... Snow Patrol

Just making sure you knew :P

 
At 26 April 2007 at 7:41 am , Blogger Two said...

She misses you too.

I think she knows you're coming back soon - she's been awfully snuggly recently.

 
At 29 April 2007 at 11:29 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Terrified at thought of looking at Visa statement. Decide not to look."

I have looked. :O

 
At 7 May 2007 at 6:47 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost in translation *nods* this has been a major life changing time for you, use it to it;s full potential, even after you return home, and now having seen and visited and experienced other places, people (though you passed up the cabbie, and slept w me, lol as in Sleep people) you can now look at where you have been, and are now going with new eyes, and have a fresh perspective of where you want to be. End psycho babble. <3

 
At 9 May 2007 at 10:25 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I miss my dog. Sniff."

I thought her name was Tonks?

T

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home