Sunday 11 March 2007

Four sunny days in a row... omg.

Last few days have been lovely if you dont count the temperature - 16C today a real heatwave - break out the summer dress!!! There has been sun. I have seen women hanging out of windows cleaning them (why? they will only get dirty again)and men mowing lawns and trimming hedges. There are lots of hedges here and all of them are trimmed in fact I have never seen so many trimmed hedges in my life. The other thing is that almost every window has net curtain. Miles of net curtain. Miles of it...

Have been enjoying walking into town through the park. Here are some photos of the journey.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Daffodils in mud. I forgot how muddy England is. I now have muddy Sketchers. Aunt just tutted at me when I got home with brown feet and jeans. I felt like I was seven again. LOL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Oxhey Park through which I walk. These are chestnut trees. There are chestnuts all over the ground and big fat squirrels run about the place.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is a side road off of Eastbury Rd near where I am staying. Cute huh?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is a view of Watford from the park. The big building on the right behind the pyramid shaped building is The Harlequin shopping centre which is all shiiiiny and modern etc.

Yesterday I went back to Berkhamstead with my cousin. We took the scenic bus and 2.5 hours later arrived in the town. OMG. It was good though as I got a look at some lov ely scenery through all the little villages between here and Manchester and back. Just kidding it only seemed like we went to Manchester and back. Anyhoo, it was a great day and we had fun. I felt like I was home. We went into the Rising Sun for a drink. It is the smallest pub I have ever been in.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
As you can see, the pub is right next to the loch that the narrow boats use to go uphill along the canal. It is great to sit with your warm beer (yes this one was room temp folks!!) and watch them work the loch.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A narrow boat (not a barge)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Whole families live on the narrow boats. Floating hippies.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
How much would you pay for a house on the bank? 1mill anyone? Pounds that is.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

George St - the street my grandparents used to live in. The playground I used to play on is still next door.


So, there you are - some shiiiny photos.
Am off to London tonight to see Nine Inch Nails. OMG. Trent. If you never hear from me again, know that I died happy (except for missing Dan of course.)
Em arrives on the 14th and I can hardly wait. So much to look forward to.

Love to you all.
Special love to Mark.

12 Comments:

At 11 March 2007 at 8:55 pm , Blogger Two said...

shiiiiiiiiny photos. i am still entranced, and also impressed that there is no rain in any of them.

pretty canals. i want to be there!!

 
At 12 March 2007 at 1:58 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it Dee!
Wanted to chat, but my msn won't go through :o
Hope all is well!
I would love to be ther too!

Sparkles

 
At 12 March 2007 at 2:13 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics Dee!!! I love the Park! How pretty :)

Sunshine too, wooo hooo. . . just like being on holiday! Wave to Trent for me :)

Have fun, missing you heaps too

 
At 12 March 2007 at 6:28 am , Blogger SPOC said...

You're just jealous of the heatwaves over there. Pfffft. Just wait until it reached 20C!

 
At 12 March 2007 at 7:02 am , Blogger Dragons said...

Wow. 16 degrees, hey? Better slather on that suncream. Don't want you to get burnt.

& i want to be a floating hippie! Mind you, the houses by the river? They'll be sory when the wave comes.

 
At 12 March 2007 at 11:59 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, it is a bit warm here, dont knock it, lol, we need all the warm weather we get, lol.

Dee thats what we call narrow boats, (barges) lol, u know why im giggling, taking me out to brixton, had a wicked night mate xxxxxxxx

Oi Oi, least me team won, had u had a feel??? good night all round then x

 
At 12 March 2007 at 4:16 pm , Blogger p said...

the walking trail looks very nice, wish i was not at work now, maybe can teleport over there and look for bread freaks

 
At 12 March 2007 at 4:17 pm , Blogger p said...

Work is going to change, do you want to know what is happening or would you rather wait until you get home, your call

 
At 13 March 2007 at 8:01 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There have been some comments about whether you would end up being arrested, so I thought it was ironic about you being at the pub called the Rising Sun, (Cue Eric Burden...)

Timbo

 
At 14 March 2007 at 8:59 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its not bloody warm!!!! try being locked outside for 2 hours!!!

xxx boo xxx

 
At 14 March 2007 at 10:09 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your pix, don't miss the cold. enjoy, kate

 
At 14 March 2007 at 10:12 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not fair i can't use this,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home