Thursday 10 May 2007

So this is it...

... the last day.

I am sitting in the lobby of my hotel in San Francisco waiting for Mediterre to pick me up for a last whirlwind tour of the sights before she drops me off at the airport. My flight to Sydney is at 10.20pm. It is all over. I am pretty sad for a range of reasons and will be glad to get back home and process all the stuff that has happened and the stuff that did not get to happen.

I need to post pics of my last few days in Vancouver and the time I spent here in San Francisco. SanFran is pretty cool. I got to do some stuff like watch sealions basking, swimming, fighting and making hideous noise down at Fisherman's Wharf; I rode on a cablecar; shopped in Macy's; went over the Golden Gate Bridge; had dinner in Sausalito where I watched the fog come in over the bridge; went to see Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf at the Golden Gate Theatre; had coffee in the Haight; roamed around Chinatown. Drank California wine which is pretty good; Walked up and down hills. Saw lots of hills. Did I mention the hills? You can hang glide off these hills. Seriously.

So it's not all bad really.

San Francisco is quite like Perth in a lot of ways. They have like almost more eucalyptus trees than at home. In fact, the street trees are almost the same as those you find in Perth. Hell, they even have bottlebrush trees. The people are friendly and the weather is mild. It was lovely and warm while I was there with temps in the 30's. The locals complained about the heat. However, I renewed my tan which had faded alamingly during my time in cooler parts. I really enjoyed the freedom of just wearing tshirt and jeans without jumpers and coats etc.

I am now faced with the trip home. Only 2 more flights. How strange is this feeling? I feel like I have been away for years. Once I get back I will finish off this blog with photos and stuff that I have missed out in previous posts. For now, I will try to get my head around the fact that this epic journey is nearly done and wish you all love until next time.

DUST IN THE WIND -KANSAS
I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind.
Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind

[Now] Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, and all your money won't another minute buy.

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind
Dust in the wind, everything is dust in the wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home